AIX/Storage Technical Analyst
AIX/Storage Technical Analyst - Contractor
Houston, TX 77077
Install, develop, maintain and monitor server and storage hardware, operating systems, software and program products with focus on the IBM AIX distributed environment. Evaluate and implement tools to provide and enhance the Reliability, Availability and Serviceability of system software and hardware. Provide technical support and consulting services to internal customers: SAP BASIS, Database, Application Development, Network and others. Work in a team oriented, interrupt driven environment. Participate in on-call system support rotation.
- System Support – Anticipate and investigate production system problems/questions ascertaining root cause and corrective action needed. Design, develop, test and implement corrective action. Perform software maintenance and testing activities as well as hardware management and equipment support and replacement.
- Analysis – Collaborate with technical teams and development groups on implementation, tuning and upgrade activities for all system environments.
- Design and development – Establish, track and communicate changes and projects which implement technical functions or enhancements. Support / maintain and develop / document processes and procedures as required.
- Professional Development – Develop technical skill sets, leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and independent thinking/decision making abilities on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to company's business or solutions.
- Planning – Assist with the formulation, communication and execution of project plans including product upgrades and hardware replacements.
- Team Leadership – Collaborate with cross functional and technical project team members. Plan and direct activities of team members when appropriate.
- Training – Plan, prepare and deliver appropriate training and documentation to fellow team members.
- Thought Leadership – Initiate and encourage critical analysis of company technical processes. Collaborate with industry groups. Participate in IT strategy development. Act as spokesperson for IT with company management. Gain detailed knowledge of company processes in specific areas of responsibility including interaction(s) with other business processes.
- College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is:
- 3 years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- 3-5 years IBM AIX installation and system administration.
- 2-3 years SAN, Tape Storage and Disk Storage Systems installation and system administration (IBM, Brocade SAN and Infinidat storage a plus).
- 2-3 years UNIX shell scripting, perl or 'C' languages.
Specialized skills desired and preferred:
- 2-3 years of one or more: Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Spectrum Protect and Connect Direct support including Disaster Recovery testing and with DB2 installation and system administration for these systems.
- 2-3 years IBM Websphere installation and system administration.
- Working knowledge of Oracle support issues preferred.
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Equivalent experience, in lieu of degree.
Length of Assignment: 9 to 12 months.