E & I Specialist
E & I Specialist
Relocation Benefits are available for this position.
Provide technical support to terminals through both on site and remote means. This support covers PLC, automation systems, electrical/electronic systems and some hydraulic portions of the truck loading systems. Required to provide 24/7 support when not on vacation. Must be self-motivated and work with limited direct supervision. Must maintain all Company assets (tools and vehicle). Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; skill sin communicating with internal and external information providers.
- Provide technical support to assigned terminals to ensure truck loading, pipeline and tank farm systems operate properly and safely. Provide the same support outside assigned area when covering vacation for others.
- Provide support on electrical and automation projects within and sometimes outside, assigned area.
- Maintain electrical/electronic equipment in assigned area.
- Office duties which include but are not limited to, keeping time sheet documentation updated; providing expense reports on time and paying bills on time.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Degree in Applied Science such as Electrical, Instrumentation or Electronics preferred with 2 years of experience.
- In lieu of degree, 6 years of job-related experience is acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of PLC’s, automation systems, industrial instrumentation, computers, and other electrical and electronic instrumentation. PLC Programming. National Electrical Code. Electrical and Instrumentation troubleshooting skills.
- This job may require up to 60% travel at any given time.
The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a TWIC card: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm