IT Controls Manager
IT Controls Manager
Houston, TX 77077
This position: (a.) operates as a "control officer" of the Company under the supervision of the Manager of Internal Controls & Compliance; (b.) plans and leads testing and documentation of the general I.T. control requirements of COSO 2013 and the Company's existing SAP ERP environment general I.T. internal controls; (c.) examines existing system and business processes and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies while maintaining internal control effectiveness; (d.) reviews, recommends solutions and monitors the implementation of changes required by annual process flowcharts/walk-throughs and general I.T. internal control testing; and (e.) coordinates and delivers training for control owners on their responsibilities and control tester expectations.
1. DESIGN, DIRECT & TEST implementation of general I.T. controls which mitigate or prevent material loss or reduce to an economically reasonable level the frequency of occurrence of lesser loss. Specifically, IMPLEMENT COSO 2013 standards. (Control issues arise from: initiation of new business activities, systems and processes; Internal Audit recommendations; Company Audit Committee directives, control deficiencies and other sources.) Coordinates control initiatives with the Internal Controls Manager, especially where integral automated processes are a subset of subject business processes.
2. STREAMLINE processes which cut across the scope of responsibility of more than one SAP Process Owner. LEAD process change which involves multiple SAP Process Owners. DIRECT implementation of key automated internal controls in related business processes.
3. DEVELOP and MAINTAIN I.T. control documentation - control matrices, narratives, process flows. IDENTIFY and provide solutions to mitigate potential I.T. SOX related risks. .
4. MAINTAIN and MONITOR the system that detects conflicts with segregation of duties within the Company's SAP GRC system. FACILITATE remediation activities or DETECT mitigating controls.
5. COORDINATE and COLLABORATE/LIAISE with all technology groups or vendors and all levels of internal and external auditors, subject matter experts and team members to complete compliance delivery requirements.
6. SUPERVISE & ADMINISTER employees and/or contractors involved in control and process design related to duties number 1 through 4, above.
- College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The number of years of job related experience required by this job is:
- 8 years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Baccalaureate degree in management information systems or computer science or similar (master's degree a plus).
- Previous general I.T. experience specifically with SAP (8 years including 3 years general I.T. control testing) required.
- National or major regional public accounting experience, a plus.
- Petroleum, chemical or process industrial exposure through audit or direct employment, a plus.
- Previous segregation of duties testing experience within SAP GRC.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization without formal authority and work closely with Technology groups and executive management.
- Maintenance of technical competence in current auditing practices, compliance policies and government regulations.
- Appetite for leadership and strong project management skills; adept at troubleshooting and persistent at achieving results.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills required including responding and articulating processes and issues related to I.T. SOX.
- End-user information systems experience, a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications.