IT Lead - Business Analyst
IT LEAD – Business Analyst
Houston, TX 77002
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM* *Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
GENERAL SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to optimize business performance by enhancing the alignment between business processes and IT. Leads a team of Business Analysts (BAs) responsible for translating business requirements into technical requirements for a department or enterprise IT environment.
· Proven experience in a collaborative environment
· Excellent presentation, communication, and customer engagement skills
· Strong business process modeling skills
· Strong negotiation, influencing, expectation management and anticipation skills
· Proficient with MS Office and MS Project
· Functions as business analysts lead with supervisory responsibilities. Oversees, plans, organizes and assigns work for the team.
· Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations and providing guidance; coaching, mentoring.
· Provides input to manager regarding team member performance evaluations and disciplinary action.
· Contributes to the development of project management procedures, processes, and productivity standards.
· Assists manager with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team members; maintains a safe, secure, and discrimination-free work environment; developing team member personal growth opportunities.
· Establishes team goals that support organizational objectives by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
· Responsible for instructing, directing, and checking the work of other business analysts.
· Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Include analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
· Assesses effectiveness of business process improvement initiatives according to business objectives.
· Functions as business partner; builds business relationships with stakeholder representatives and frequently interacts with to discuss technology and assess customer satisfaction.
· Contributes to business objectives by facilitating IT-driven business process improvement initiatives.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field.
Information systems-specific technical certifications may be substituted for 1 year of either the education or the experience requirement, as applicable.
Related professional Information Systems experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis
At least six (6) years of technology experience supporting applications. System-specific technical certifications may be considered for substitution for 1 year of experience.
A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field may be substituted for two years of the experience requirement.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position..**
Preferences shall also be given to those with the following:
PMI / PMP Certification
Sr. Business Analyst Experience