IT Manager Project Management Office
IT Manager – Project Management Office
Houston, TX - Downtown
Description Of Duties / Essential Functions
The purpose of this position is to accomplish business objectives of the department or enterprise by ensuring the IT Project Management Office (PMO) delivers IT project within the agreed upon scope, schedule, budget, resources, deliverables and quality. This individual will be responsible for working with and overseeing the project managers and liaising with clients to ensure guidance and project success for the company’s informational technology service's portfolio of IT projects. Responsible for adherence of the operational Project Management tools and PMO processes of the project management office.
- Oversees and provides guidance to multiple IT project management resources.
- Ensures PMO resources adhere to established PMO governance processes and tools.
- Communicates PM expectations; planning monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, and mentoring team members; developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, polices, procedures, and PMO productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals that support organizational objectives by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
- Provide senior presence with clients; driving relationships with clients
- Providing thought leadership on project execution, approaches to delivery problems, and/or technology & architectural concepts
- Technical competency to perform as an IT Manager of the Project Management Office, and is capable of managing large, mission-critical IT projects.
- Manages day-to-day PMO governance process and analyses PMO performance.
- Reviews and approves project management deliverables prepared by PMO resources, such as project definition documents, project execution plans, schedules, project budget, resource plans, and status reports.
- Provided technical and analytical guidance to PMO team members.
- Project execution.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to create and give presentations to senior stakeholder audiences and lead teams to success
- Maintains customer expectations by ensuring PMO delivers IT projects within the agreed upon scope, schedule, budget, and expected quality.
- Ensures status is transparent and available to stakeholders for all portfolio projects. Ensures portfolio is adequately resourced to complete the mission of the IT PMO.
Team Effort: Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results and preforming related responsibilities as needed.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
Greater than ten (10) years of directly applicable experience, or PMI / PMP certification, may be considered for substitution of degree requirement. May require extensive knowledge on specific technologies or business functions.
At least ten (10) years of experience demonstrating formal IT project management competencies. PMI PMP certification may be substituted for up to three (3) years of professional experience.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position.
Preferences shall also be given to those with the following:
PMI PMP Certification