IT Specialist - Business Analyst
IT Specialist– Business Analyst
Houston, TX 77002
Workdays & Hours*: Shift work, could include a Rotating Schedule / *weekends and holidays*/ (*Subject to change)
Descriptions of Duties/Essential Functions
The IT Specialist – Business Analysis ensures operational excellence throughout the Technology Business Analysis section of the company by providing technology systems and information that enhance the passenger experience and empowers the company to meet its mission and vision. This role will be responsible for working closely with customers to identify business needs and define technical requirements in order to research and recommend current and future systems. The IT Specialist – Business Analysis supports day to day operations of technical and operations functionality of various systems such as the Flight Information Display System (FIDS), Baggage Information Display System (BIDS), Public Address System and Simple Way Automatic Boarding Announcements, as well as Smart Restrooms to ensure high quality passenger and enterprise communications technology aligning with companys’ Mission and 5 Star Vision.
The IT Specialist – Business Analysis job duties include but not limited to:
· Acts as a lead person on complex installation, repair and maintenance projects and plays a key role in fostering collaboration between business and IT with strong understanding of the business operations perspective.
· Perform complex technical work in the in the maintenance, repair and installation of major systems, system applications or telecommunication systems relating to the operation of the airport.
· Installs, maintains and troubleshoots various systems, systems applications and telecommunication systems and equipment. Replaces out-of-service equipment, responds to troubleshooting calls and completes repairs in the field.
· Completes work orders and maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
· Enters information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another, or to draw, modify or store schematics.
· Creates technical reports and develops charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate systems' operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications and functional limitations.
· Monitors and evaluates the system performance of newly installed equipment. Operates test equipment to diagnose, locate and repair system malfunctions.
· Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with engineering and telecommunications personnel.
· Draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
· Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
· Trains other technicians on complex systems and leads on difficult installations and repairs.
· Assists with the development and maintenance of equipment operating standards and procedures for various systems, system applications and telecommunication equipment systems.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. May involve lifting and using ladders. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Significant time spent using computer display, keyboard, and mouse. Requires the ability to make closely coordinated eye/hand movements within very fine tolerance and/or calibration demands. Operates a motor vehicle.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field.
At least three (3) years of technology experience performing business analysis functions. Up to two (2) years of applicable experience may be substituted for the education requirement. Related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Prefer experience in systems configuration, system administration and maintenance, audio/visual support or a closely related field. Have previous work experience with airport technologies including audio/visual and PA systems.