This position is responsible for working in at least one (1) production area to ensure customer requirements are met. This person follows all safety procedures and assists fellow co-workers as needed. This person works with moderate supervision and will receive most direction from the Shift Lead or Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains a clean, safe work areas and minimizes material spillage
· Strives to achieve all production and quality goals.
· Assists maintenance when directed by Shift Leader.
· Communicates with all employees, particularly those from a proceeding/following shift to ensure everyone understands the status of products, equipment, quality, etc.
· Provides representative samples to Quality Control in a timely manner and responds to QC's inquiries in a timely manner.
· Maintains accurate and appropriate logs, records and/or reports.
· Follows all Company policies, practices, and procedures.
· Responsible for evaluating equipment for proper working conditions and completes work orders for maintenance if needed.
· Immediately alerts Shift Leader when a problem (equipment, product, personnel issue) is encountered.
· Empties process dust collectors, nussiance dust collectors and central vacuum systems and ensures area stays in compliance with environmental permits
· Cleans equipment between products to ensure there is no cross contamination from product to product.
BOWL LOADING / MIXING AREA:
· Coordinates work schedule with systems, materials, and manufacturing services to ensure timely delivery of information and materials.
· Loads pre-weighed raw materials into mixing bowls
· Mixes batch per instructions
· Maintains material feed to keep extruder running.
· Loads pre-weighed base material into a mixer per batch ticket instructions
· Adds additional raw material to mixer per batch ticket instructions
· Presets conditions for each individual batch per batch ticket or Shift Lead's instructions
· Monitors/adjusts the process as needed to meet customer specifications
· Ensures accurate fill of finished goods.
· Transfer raw materials in the computer system and keeps accurate inventory of their raw materials
· Follows all aluminum safe handling procedures
· Sets conditions for each individual batch per instructions from batch ticket.
· Monitors/adjusts the process per Shift Lead's instructions.
· Monitors/adjusts the cooling belt to ensure appropriate chip size and thickness.
· Ensures there is no cross contamination of products through efficient cleaning and appropriate use of dust collection equipment.
· Ensures spare screws are clean and ready for next run
· Sets conditions for each individual batch per instructions from batch ticket
· Monitors/adjusts the process per Shift Lead's instructions with specific attention to particle size
· Ensures accurate fill of finished goods containers.
· Ensures product clears alpine check
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Read, write and speak English
2 years of manufacturing experience preferred
Ability to work on different shifts and overtime as needed
1st shift: 7AM - 5:30 PM - Training
2nd shift: 5 PM - 3:30 AM
3rd shift: 9 PM - 5:30 AM
We currently need 2nd and 3rd shift. Overtime will be based on business needs.