Planning and Logistics Analyst
Planning & Logistics Analyst - Contractor
Houston, TX 77073
The Planning & Logistics Analyst (Contractor), under the leadership of the Manager, Planning & Logistics Supply, will support the process to satisfy new and current customer demands for vehicles by assisting with Strategic and Tactical planning activities. The Planning & Logistics Analyst will 1) Assist in development of a volume and accessory forecasting process to provide forward planning for incoming vehicle/accessory demand. 2) Assist in development and/or optimize tracking mechanisms to report actual performance vs. plan.
1. Reliable, consistent, on-site attendance is a requirement. This position requires you to be punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the business; including attending and participating in local and remote meetings and presentations.
2. Assist in identifying opportunities for measurable improvements in Planning/Forecast accuracy; while minimizing variability to Customers and Operations.
3. Assist efforts for joint improvement efforts in Integrated Supply Chain Planning and drive “Single Set of Numbers” planning concept.
4. Assist in the coordination with Production Plants, DOD, TLS, and Supply Chain Operations, IT, and Sales Operations to minimize variability and improve/automate forecast process to Dealers including: Vehicle Status, Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA), Estimated Time of Completion (ETC), and Estimated Time of Delivery to Dealers.
5. Assist in the development and continuous improvement to automate Short/Long Term Vehicle Arrivals Forecast Process including vehicle build, dwell, and transit to site; and focus on improving ETA accuracy.
6. Collaborate with business units on how to best utilize planning/forecast information to improve vehicle velocity, Operational efficiency, Labor Planning, and Customer Service.
7. Partner with Logistics on Vehicle Inventory Control/Reconciliation and Out of Region Units management/administration process/activities.
Education and Experience requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; plus two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and follow through to completion.
· Synthesizes complex or diverse info; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitating multiple cross functional meetings with Executives and Management teams.
· Contributes to team development and performance to achieve team and organizational goals.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
· Advanced expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point, SharePoint)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.