Supervisor of Application Systems
Supervisor of Application Systems
Relocation Benefits are not available for this position.
The Supervisor of Application Systems provides management of all application activities related to systems running on the client’s business network. They work closely with their peer supervisor in IT, the Supervisor for IT Services to ensure a high service level for IT. The Supervisor of Application Systems ensures that the critical, high-availability and heavily used applications are properly maintained and updated by the business. They demonstrate a combination of business knowledge and technical skills. They will ensure that applications created are value-added business systems which improve profitability, reduce costs or reduce risks. As part of the process to add value; be fiscally responsible, understand the business value and measure the value delivered and be able to communicate that value. This person will be asked to manage departmental costs to achieve a department budget target. The person in this job will be asked to communicate in terms the audience is familiar with and understands and speak in terms of business outcomes.
- Analysis – Initiate collaboration with process owners to analyze business processes and propose process improvements enabled by information technology. Formulate value propositions. Articulate and defend the value proposition.
- Design and development – Based on analysis described in Part 1, develop technical designs and implement software solutions to support business process improvements. Supervisor Application Systems may lead and/or participate in hands-on development activities including custom programming using company development tools and/or package software configuration.
- Planning – Formulate, communicate and execute project plans. Formulate project and departmental budgets. Establish project priorities and participate in formulation of cross-functional project priorities.
- Team Leadership – Initiate collaboration with project team members. Plan, direct and supervise activities, (including EDP development), of team members when appropriate. Provide professional development coaching to Information Analyst in their group(s). Prepare and execute oral and written communications. Act as a project team spokesperson.
- System Support – Anticipate and investigate production system problems/questions ascertaining root cause and corrective action needed. Design, develop, test and implement corrective action.
- Training – Plan, prepare and deliver appropriate training to end-users.
- Professional Development – Develop technical skill sets, leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and independent thinking/decision making abilities on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to company's business.
- Thought Leadership – Initiate and encourage critical analysis of company business processes. Collaborate with industry groups. Participate in IT strategy development. Act as spokesperson for IT with company management.
- College Degree (Bachelors Level in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field).
The minimum number of years of job-related experience required by this job is:
10 years; 14 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- General knowledge of all applications and processes in use in company on the business applications network is desired.
- Experience in the Refining Industry is desired.
Other - TWIC Card:
The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a TWIC card: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm