Technical Program Support Manager (Point of Sale)
Technical Program Support Manager (Point of Sale)
Houston, TX 77077
Supply and Marketing
Relocation Benefits are available for this position.
The candidate will have experience and technical knowledge of retail Point of Sale (“POS”) payment card systems, (Ideally, U.S. Petroleum retail payments.) and vendors/manufacturers (“POS Vendors”) for the purpose of managing relationships and providing support for escalations between all POS program interfaces and technology stakeholders including: company, company’s customers, company branded and unbranded locations, third-parties such as but not limited to, company’s payment processors (“Acquirers”), loyalty program providers, firewall and security providers and mobile payment app providers. The candidate will also have an excellent knowledge-base of PCI DSS compliance.
The POS system is the life-blood of every company branded location. Each location must utilize a company-authorized POS system. The POS system must operate and transmit payments in a secure and compliant manner that appears to be seamless without a negative financial and/or brand impact to company and the company customer.
The POS Technical Program Support Manager will work with all stakeholders to create, document, communicate, implement, report, roll-out and support company sanctioned programs and emerging technologies such as loyalty, mobile (including mobile payments) in a secure, compliant and consistent manner. POS system issues must be proactively identified and remedied in order to avoid a financial impacting event to company and its customers, strained relationships with company marketers and retailers, and costly damage to the company brand.
The candidate must also backup other POS Product Team members and have the ability to analyze transactional logs to identify potential issues and work with the various POS vendors, AFD manufacturers, and/or third-party support / program providers to resolve, initiate and provide notification regarding specific plans to correct the issue; support Company’s POS lab testing and certifications, and support existing and new programs (relative to POS systems).
The candidate must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter, perform critical thinking, and exercise independent judgment for all job functions with little or no supervision. They must possess knowledge of all Company-authorized POS programs, PCI DSS compliance, excellent written and oral communication skills to convey details and technical requirements to all stakeholders.
- Evaluate, test, develop implementation strategies, communicate, roll-out, maintain and provide on-going support for various POS, loyalty and mobile company programs as it relates to POS systems to ensure that the communication and implementations are accurate and support data security initiatives to mitigate risk and ensure company’s and company’s customers PCI DSS compliance. Also validate that the POS systems and related applications/devices supporting the programs continue to support company’s programs and initiatives.
- Front-line technical resource for POS and related systems equipment and PCI DSS compliance, providing critical information and guidance to Company Marketers, internal company personnel and other parties with interest in POS as it relates to company and the petroleum industry in general. Initiate improvements/efficiencies and assist with the development of technical publications such as the POS installation & implementation guidelines, Company Petroleum POS specification, Company/POS Quick Reference Guides, and other POS publications, newsletters, reports and resources, both printed and electronic, to educate and inform.
- Work in tandem with Company POS vendors, company’s third-party payment processor(s), firewall, loyalty and mobile payment providers, and others within the POS Product Management Team, to ensure problem resolution for the company location. Identify commonalities amongst issues and work with third-party POS vendors and other third-party stakeholders to resolve. Support daily POS systems, specific issues and escalations from company customers, company’s third-party stakeholders (e.g. payment processors, firewall providers, POS vendors, loyalty and mobile providers) and Card Brands whether company or customer sponsored.
- Back up POS Technical Lab Manager to conduct and run test scripts to test, evaluate, capture, verify and report results, for new and existing software prior to and after POS software and hardware releases. Monitor daily “Turnover Report” of issues that the outsourced Company Help Desk was not able to resolve. Provide guidance to Company Help Desk on how to resolve issues or personally handle the issues. Identify, track and assist Company POS Team with POS vendor and manufacturer issues including remedying and resolution of remaining functionality and financial problems before and after general release.
- Support and back up other Company POS Product Team members in their absence and/or during increased work-load and customer inquiries. Duties to include but not limited to: conducting the daily analysis of POS transaction log files, including test, beta, pre-release and production, running transaction test scripts, re-creating reported problems and testing new software, network configurations, hardware and accessories in order to meet network processor and POS vendor formatting and specifications. Become familiar with how data security best practices and PCI DSS compliance requirements correlate with POS issues. Strict attention to detail is mandatory, as issues, if not addressed, can, and have, resulted in financial impacting events to company and company’s customers.
- Communicate updated and accurate information to pertinent stakeholders POS systems, issues, programs and other functions as needed.
- Create SAP queries and reports to support various POS Product Management initiatives. Assist Marketers and internal Company Teams with requests to make changes to POS configuration items maintained by company. Work with internal Company Teams to obtain approval, and execute requests. This includes PDL’s, Viper Tables, etc., and communication between internal departments as well as company’s network processor(s), company’s network partner(s) and POS vendors to execute and make changes as needed.
Degree:College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: College degree with 5-years minimum experience. Or 8 years’ experience in lieu of degree.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Experience related to retail POS network architecture data security and compliance (Preferably U.S. Petroleum Payments).
- Point of sale equipment installation (Hardware and Software).
- Petroleum retail operations experience helpful, but not necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of PCI DSS and the requirements to meet networking and technical annual assessment and certification.
- Create and/or update POS technical implementation and POS installation guide graphics and documentation to ensure it is implemented securely, with company’s programs, and meets PA-DSS and PCI DSS and that third-party technicians installing can easily understand and accurately install and implement.
- Customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-Starter with the ability to foresee and work potential issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of Point of Sale equipment.
- Previous POS hardware/software technical certifications helpful.
- Advanced Personal Computer usage (Hardware and Software).
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.